Each Entry will be judged independently by a minimum of 2 (two) judges. They will be graded between 0 and 3 (0 =none, 1 = weak, 2 = moderate, 3 = strong). Irrespective of numbers any entry with an average score of less than 2 will not be selected for the subsequent phase of the Competition.
The Criteria against which entries will be judged is as follows:
(1) Is the idea CLEAR?
- Is the Idea well-structured and comprehensive within the word limit?
- Does the Entrant provide sufficient analysis regarding the technological and business aspects of the Idea?
(2) Does the idea have potential to make a SIGNIFICANT ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT?
- What impact on the environment might this idea make?
- Is this impact positive and significant, either broadly or deeply in an area?
(3) Is the idea NOVEL?
- Does the idea involve a new product, method, solution or technology? The idea can either be entirely new, or a new application of an existing product, method, solution or technology.
(4) Is the idea FEASIBLE?
- Is the proposed Idea technically feasible? Does the Entrant illustrate the feasible implementation of the Idea?
- Does the Idea provide insight into technical potential or product need in sufficient depth?
- Is the market targeted by the Entrant attractive?
- Does the Entrant demonstrate depth of knowledge regarding the initial target market (e.g. channel, target customers, competitive advantage of the product etc.)?
- Does the Entrant provide viable ideas to finance the business plan, and provide a clear and persuasive timetable and strategy to run the business (e.g. market strategy, solution to potential risks, revenue model etc.)?
Additionally, in Phase 2 and Phase 3, Entrants will be evaluated based on the quality of the team:
(5) Can this TEAM make it happen?
- Does the team have the right mix of business and technical/science students to make the idea happen?
- Do the members of the team bring strong and relevant skills to the team?